1) Maximum age at entry varies between 50 to 55 depending upon the group profile and maximum sum insured per member is Rs 50,000.
2) In the event of death of loanee the policy repays the outstanding loan amounts thereby eliminating any financial loss that may be incurred by the micro finance institution.
3) Policyholder will be eligible for profit sharing, wherein subsequent renewal premiums will be reduced if there are few claims in a year.
4) The premium payable is dependant on various factors such as, the size of member group, the age distribution of the members, their occupations and outstanding balances in their loan accounts.
5) Premium rate may be applied uniformly across the group or different rates to different sub- sets within the group, if relevant.
6) Policyholder will be required to provide a list of your eligible members, together with their ages, sex, occupation, outstanding loan balances and any other details that may be considered necessary for deciding the eligibility criteria. This information would be required at the beginning and on a monthly basis thereafter.
7) Policyholder may add to / delete from this list at any time during the year. Premium will be adjusted accordingly.